BlackBerry Wireless Services
Enterprise Server technical facts and features
BlackBerry Enterprise Server is designed to provide simplified management and centralized control of wireless devices in a secure, scalable and flexible architecture that leverages existing infrastructure and investment. BlackBerry Enterprise Server enables several key features essential for a complete wireless connectivity platform
- Corporate Data Access - mobile professionals get always-on/push-based
access to enterprise applications, as well as online content and applications.
- Wireless email synchronization - seamless integration with existing
enterprise email account.
- Attachment viewing - users can view popular document formats
(Excel, Word®, PowerPoint®, Adobe® PDF, WordPerfect®,
ASCII, ZIP and image files) on their device.
- Wireless organizer synchronization - PIM information is updated wirelessly
between the device and messaging server.
- Remote address lookup - users can search and interact with their
Global Address List (GAL).
- Wireless application download - third party applications can be downloaded
wirelessly to the device.
- Wireless activation and provisioning - users can activate their device
- Wireless backup - users' device settings and preferences can be automatically,
wirelessly backed up.
- Wireless IT policies - administrators can wirelessly mandate passwords
and other controls.
- Data encryption - all incoming and outgoing wireless data and messages
are encrypted and decrypted by BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server is managed by DAS-ITE, and is available for all agencies using Microsoft Exchange. Service Availability
The Outlook Integration Fee (for accessing your state email with this service) is $33.00 per person, per month. This fee is billed by ITE to the individual agencies.
If your agency is not listed as being served, special accommodations may be possible to allow for BlackBerry service at an additional cost.
Please contact DAS-ITE for more details. Service Contacts