Information Technology Administration
The Information Technology Enterprise' primary responsibilities are in the areas of providing information technology, developing and implementing recommended standards for information technology, developing and maintaining security policies and systems and coordinating the acquisition of information technology by participating agencies.
To provide high quality, customer-focused information technology services and business solutions to government and citizens.
To provide the best data processing services to our customers through the effective utilization of existing and new information technology. DAS-ITE will implement and support technologies and processes that will increase service to customers and enhance staff productivity.
- Attain a leadership role within state government in terms of knowledge and delivery of relevant technologies. Become the technology service provider of choice for state agencies.
- Allocate all resources within ITE to gain maximum efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, and service equability.
- Develop a workforce that is empowered, supportive, capable, and accountable.
- Become the employer of choice in the field of information technology.
- Provide world class service, at the highest quality and lowest cost, to all of our customers.
- Strengthen relationships with customers and business partners to ensure increased and enhanced service delivery throughout state government.
- Develop data and technology infrastructure as strategic assets of state government.
- Collaboratively develop and promote enterprise IT solutions.
The Information Technology Enterprise (ITE) works with the following councils for oversight of information technology activities of the executive branch of state government.
|Customer Council||Technology Governance Board & TAC Interim Process|
|IOWAccess Advisory Council||State of Iowa CIO Council|
|Technology Advisory Council|